Saturday, August 22, 2009

Dinner with the Williams

I finally got around to looking for a grilling recipe online for Mahi Mahi filets today and, well, one thing led to another and this is what we ended up with. It's not often that we BOTH pitch in for dinner (usually one is cooking while the other is kid-wrangling); but tonight was an exception, so I thought I'd share.
I grilled the Mahi Mahi and vegetables (both brushed in a special sauce I found online) on the charcoal grill while Mel fried some okra and prepared some special cilantro-lime rice. The idea for cilantro-lime rice came to us while eating lunch at Chipotle, a new Mexican restaurant here in Greenville. That's what they use in their dishes and we figured it couldn't be too hard. Everything turned out really well and we both agreed these recipes were keepers.
Of course...


...the only problem with a big, awesome dinner is the big, not-awesome cleanup afterwards. Oh well, it was well worth it.


No comments: